|Our table lamp in BC|
Home of the Rat Pack, Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin, Johnny Carson & Tony Bennett
Even if you won't be there, these pix are fun to view!
First, click on the link above to get to the liquidation site.
Then, click on the first thumbnail to click through the individual slides. Use your browser back button to return to the thumbnails. Scrolling over the thumbnails gives you subtitles for each slide.
1. Check out the king-size bed completely surrounded by mirrors from the Beatles suite (image 39).
2. The Beatles stayed at the Sahara on August 19, 1964 (image 106 plaque).
3. The circular marble tub with overhead spot lights and plate glass windows is kind of interesting (image 28). If these walls could talk...
4. The entry-lobby camel will go for a fortune (image 102), and the Arabian-style wall sconces from the restaurant are pretty neat (image 55).
5. The game tables and stools will be in high demand—images 91 roulette, 97 red game stools, 112 blackjack, 114 hi-lo, 121 craps.
6. I like the little camel clock-lamp (image 50). Pure Vegas kitsch.
|Postcard from the Sahara Hotel early days|