Friday, April 20, 2012
|Heidi's original recipe|
• 1 pkg. Morningstar Farms Veggie Crumbles
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 1 16-oz. can pinto beans, undrained
• 1 16-oz. can lima beans, undrained
• 1 16-oz. can kidney beans, undrained
• 1 16-oz. can black beans, undrained
• 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) taco seasoning
• 1 (1 oz) pkg. ranch dressing mix
• 1 can (14 oz) chopped regular stewed tomatoes
• 2 cans (14 oz. each) chopped tomatoes with zesty mild chilies (Del Monte)
• 1 can (14 oz.) hominy or corn (drained)
• Optional: shredded cheddar cheese (Mex-style or any blend of shredded cheddar) for topping
• Optional: For extra heat, substitute 1 can of Mex-style canned tomatoes for the regular canned tomatoes & 1 small can of mild chopped chilies. Otherwise, this is a MILD soup.
1. Throw all of the ingredients into a crockpot. Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
2. Season to taste with salt & pepper, if needed. Heidi does not add salt or pepper, and it's delicious! There is a lot of salt already in the canned beans.
3. Serve with grated cheese & tortilla chips or fresh tortillas & sliced avocados.
Posted by ☯ dontstealmypen at 5:05 PM