|My #1 easiest summer pie|
#1 — Easy Key Lime Pie
An oldie, but a goodie! I got this recipe from my gramma Pearle when I was living with her in Boulder City during the blistering hot summers I spent lifeguarding while I was in college.
It is a delicious, no-bake, frozen dessert that goes together super-fast! These also make nifty little tarts. If you have any leftover pie filling, use it as a fruit dip for fresh strawberries.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours before serving
|Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice|
available at Whole Foods
• 1 (10 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
• 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
• 1/2 c. key lime juice (bottled regular lime juice is fine or use a bag of fresh key limes (about 15, juiced)
• 1 (16 oz.) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
|Mix sweetened condensed milk & lime juice|
1. Mix together condensed milk & lime juice in a large mixing bowl.
2. Fold in whipped topping and mix until smooth.
3. Pour into graham cracker crust. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours before serving. If desired, this pie can also be served refrigerated rather than frozen. I think it's much better when frozen!
|Add Cool Whip (defrost 5-10 mins) & mix until smooth|
I whip it together in my Kitchen Aid on medium for about 2 mins
** If you use fresh limes, zest enough to sprinkle on top of the pie before you pop it into the freezer. For extra pucker, add a few paper-thin slices of lime on top.