|Easy & delicious!|
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN
|From the individually packed Foster Farms chicken fillet package|
• 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
• 2 T. olive oil
• kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 c. white wine
• 1 pkg. sliced fresh white mushrooms
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 4 tsp. chopped jarred garlic in water or 4 chopped fresh cloves
• 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
• 1 c. roughly chopped fresh basil
|Add fresh baby spinach & chopped fresh basil|
1. Heat oil in nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Rinse & pat dry chicken fillets. Brown fillets in the pan for about 8 minutes each side. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Remove from pan & set aside.
2. Add wine to hot pan and let it reduce by half (simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until reduced to 1/4 cup).
3. Add mushrooms & sauté for 4 - 5 minutes.
4. Add cream, garlic & Parmesan cheese. Mix well, simmer for 1 minute, then add fresh spinach & chopped basil. Simmer for 2 minutes until spinach begins to wilt.
5. Nestle chicken fillets back into the pan & let simmer for 5 minutes until heated though.
|Use heavy cream for a thicker sauce (I used half & half) or make a roux to thicken|
• Basmati rice with peas
• mashed potatoes
• baked russet potatoes
|Frozen potatoes conveniently steamed in the microwave!|
|Add nonfat milk, then season with butter, salt & pepper|
• St. Michael - Eppan Pinot Grigio Südtirol - Alto Adige (Italian White)
• Chardonnay of your choice
|Pair with an elegant Italian white wine|