|Elegant & easy with premade cornbread pizza shells|
Time-saver version: Use a premade cornbread pizza shell from Whole Foods. Instead of roasting fresh bell peppers, use jarred roasted bell peppers.
We made 2 pizzas with 3 steamed rock lobster tails. They are mini-versions of the bigger lobsters, but just as tasty!
We bought them on sale & uncooked at Safeway, froze them, thawed them, then steamed them for 20 minutes in a Black & Decker electric steamer.
This recipe sounds like more work than it really is. I've taken the work out of homemade pizza dough & substituted premade Vicolo organic cornbread pizza crusts from Whole Foods.
Lobster, Goat-Cheese & Sun-Dried
Makes 2 pizzas (6 slices per pizza_12 slices total)
• 3 yellow bell peppers (I used 3 large peppers for 2 pizzas), washed
• 3 thawed uncooked rock lobster tails
• 1 small red onion
• 1 - 8 oz. jar of Mezzetta julienne-cut sun-ripened dried tomatoes in oil
• 2 - 4 oz. containers of goat cheese, crumbled
• 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped into thins strips
1. Roast the peppers: Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place bell peppers on the baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from the heat, turning frequently with tongs until charred on most sides, for about 10 minutes total cooking time. Wrap the roasted bell peppers in foil & let steam for about 10 minutes. Open up the foil & let the peppers cool. Peel, discard the seeds, and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
|Use yellow, orange or red bell peppers|
2. Steam the lobster: Meanwhile, steam the lobster tails in the steamer for 20 minutes until shells are bright red & meat is done. If you don't have an electric steamer, bring a small pot of water to boil on the stove & drop the lobster tails in to cook for about 10 minutes until bright red.
|frozen & thawed rock lobster tails|
|steam lobster tails for about 20 mins|
|crumbled goat cheese & sun-ripened tomatoes in oil|
Rinse under cold running water to cool; drain. When cool enough to handle, gently pull the meat from the shells & cut into 1-inch chunks.
3. Prebake the pizza shells: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the pizza shells onto a foil-covered baking sheet & bake for 10 minutes. Remove & cool for assembly. Leave oven temp on 425° for baking the pizzas.
|Prebake pizza crusts for 10 mins|
4. Assemble the pizzas: Scatter the roasted peppers, red onion, and sun-ripened tomatoes on the pizza crusts. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 container of goat cheese per pizza. An alternative to using a whole container of goat cheese is to use half as much, then add some of your favorite preshredded cheese. Bake on the lower rack of the oven until the crust is golden and the cheese melts slightly, about 15 minutes.
|mis-en-place basil_onion_peppers_lobster_goat cheese|
|Add lobster & bake until heated through|
Top with lobster & continue baking until lobster is heated through, another 5 to 7 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.