|Happy & physically fit RCAF pilots|
Introduction by Roger Duhamel, Queen's Printer (Pocket Books, Inc. © rev. edition 1962)
After two years of painstaking research, an RCAF team of doctors, scientists, physical education specialists and artists produced the 5BX and XBX Plans for Physical Fitness.
That's right. A crack team of Canadians came up with this fitness program, and it really works! It was originally developed in 1956 for RCAF pilots, a third of whom were not fit enough to fly. Dr. Orban to the rescue!
|Common sense guidance|
|Nice leg hair|
Here's why I love the XBX_Five Basic Exercises for women_and 5BX_Five Basic Exercises for men:
• The program was designed by native Saskatchewanian, William Robert Orban (21 April 1922 - 18 October 2003), a Canadian athlete, scientist & academic who attended UC Berkeley (my alma mater) in 1941 on a hockey scholarship. :::Go CAL ice hockey!::: Dr. Orban received his Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology from the University of Illinois.
• Dr. Orban's later work focused on active living for seniors. He was way ahead of his time.
• It's fast! The women's workout is a 12-minute a day program. The men's daily workout is 11 minutes.
• No special equipment. No big balls to roll around on, no steps, no giant rubber bands. Some loose shorts & a teeshirt, and you're good to go!
• George Burns was devoted to the RCAF daily exercises. I'm a George Burns fan.
• It's fun to read...
...A thigh that is made up of little muscle and a lot of fat may have the same measurement as the one that has firm muscle and a light fat layer, but—let's face it—it is just not the same thigh.
• It's open source & free! Isn't that great? Click HERE for the pdf. Scroll down to the middle bottom of the page to bring up the pages prompt & click on the little camera icon.
Last, but not least...Check out my progress report from 1982!
|Starting date: October 17, 1982|