Adapted from Weight Watchers Pizza, Pizza © 2003
Serves 4 (1/2 pizza each)
Use any leftover cooked chicken in this recipe. Store-bought tomatillo salsa (also available at Whole Foods) and a pkg of shredded cheddar-jack cheese makes this super easy and so delicious!
|Start with Vicolo organic cornbread pizza crusts|
• 2—8" organic cornbread pizza crust (Vicolo)
• 3 or 4 boneless & skinless split chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
• 6 T. fire-roasted mild tomatillo salsa
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/4 c. Best Foods lite or regular mayo
• 1 pkg. shredded cheese (your favorite Mex-blend or cheddar-jack blend)
1. Prebake the cornbread crusts for about 10 minutes (follow package directions for cooking temp). Vicolo crusts bake on 425°F.
|Chicken + tomatillo salsa + fresh red pepper + mayo = the topping|
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the following:
-- cooked, cubed chicken
-- chopped red pepper
3. Top each crust with half of the chicken mixture, spreading evenly to the edge.
4. Sprinkle half a bag of shredded cheese on each pizza.
5. Dust with paprika & freshly ground black pepper.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes on 425°F until cheese is melted & toasty.
Serve with chipotle sauce and a fresh, green salad with avocados & cherry tomatoes.