Celebrate the Fourth of July with this cool & fresh summer salad!
|Top bruschettas with fresh & delicious summer veggies!|
Here's another way to use summer veggies when they are fresh and plentiful! Pick fresh ingredients from your garden or pick them up at the farmers' market. Either way, this recipe is easy & delicious!
Original recipe by Mary Beth Clark
• I used sliced French bread in place of artisan country white or wheat bread
• I toasted the bread in the toaster instead of in the oven or on the grill
• I did not refrigerate the bean/herb mixture ahead of time
• I tossed the bean & herb mixture with a few sprinkles of red & white vinegars, plus some garlic & basil flavored olive oils
• Seasoned the bean & herb salad with freshly ground mixed peppercorns & black finishing salt
|Rinse canned cannellini beans|
|Garden fresh basil, cucumber, green onion, heirloom tomato & oregano|
(or fresh from Safeway)
|Peel & chop a fresh cucumber|
|Toss with your favorite vinaigrette|
|Spread toasts with olive oil & fresh garlic rub|