|This will make your house smell heavenly!|
Equipment: 7-quart slow cooker
Prep + cooking time: 5.75 hours (45 mins prep + 5 hours cooking)
CROCK POT CHICKEN VINDALOO
Makes 6 servings
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-1/2 inch wedges
- 3/4 to 1 lb new baby heirloom potatoes, cleaned & cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes (or use regular new potatoes)
- 4 boneless skinless split chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces (about 1.25 lbs.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 generous teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 heaping teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14-oz. can LITE coconut milk (use the whole can)
- ** Indian Naan flatbread (optional)
- In single layers, place onion, potatoes and chicken in a 7-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Combine the broth, curry paste, and curry powder in a medium bowl; pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and potatoes are fork tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- About 35 minutes before cooking is done, stir the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and coconut milk into the slow cooker.
- Cover & cook on high until vegetables are crisp-tender & brightly colored.
|Sweet onion cut into large chunks|
|baby heirloom potatoes about the same size as the onion & chicken|
|chicken cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks|
|Cook on high for 4.5 to 5 hours|
|Make your own broth|
|Curry powder & red Thai paste add spice to the stew|
|Available at Safeway|
|Add veggies & coconut milk 35 minutes before serving|
|16 oz. bag of broccoli & cauliflower florets + 2 c. baby carrots|
|Delicious with Naan bread!|