Another delicious supper for your crock pot!
|Casual, delicious & easy!|
Caribbean Jerk Chicken
• 2 bunches green onions, cleaned & chopped
• 2 — 7 oz. cans of diced mild chiles
• 4 T. cider vinegar
• 4 T. honey
• 2 T. olive oil
• 2 T. Caribbean jerk seasoning
• 2 tsp. kosher salt
• 2.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed & patted dry, then cut into 2" chunks
1. Place cut-up chicken & chopped green onions in the crockpot
2. In a large glass measuring cup, mix together chiles, cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, jerk seasoning & salt. Pour the mixture over the chicken & green onions. Stir to coat chicken & onions with the sauce.
3. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours until the chicken is fork-tender.
4. Serve over hot, long-grain Basmati or jasmine rice. I cook mine in a rice steamer, then add 2 to 3 T. of real butter; season with kosher salt & freshly ground gourmet mix pepper.
|Available at Safeway|
|Honey & cider vinegar balance sweet & savory flavors|
|Use 2 cans of mild green chiles|
|Be sure to rinse & pat dry the chicken|
|A fantastic blend of Caribbean flavors!|