Adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine_March/April 2014
|Tender veggies in a crisp crust = yum!|
Spring Veggie Tart
1 14-oz. can artichoke bottoms in water, chopped
2 large leeks, cleaned & sliced 1/4" thick
1/2 lb. baby red potatoes, cleaned & sliced 1/4" thick
1 c. baby carrots, sliced on the diagonal
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 frozen deep-dish pie crust, thawed
1 c. lowfat ricotta cheese
1/2 c. grated pecorino cheese
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil (cut into 1/4" ribbons)
3 T. chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix artichokes, leeks, potatoes & carrots in a large microwavable bowl.
3. Cover with plastic wrap & zap on HIGH for 10 minutes until veggies are tender (stir halfway at 5 minutes).
4. Stir in tomatoes & kosher salt.
5. Meanwhile, place the pie crust on the baking sheet & let thaw. Flatten & crimp a 3/4" edge to contain the filling. Fill with veggie mixture.
6. Spray the crust's edges & the filling with a light coat of olive oil PAM.
7. Drop tablespoons of cheese mixture evenly around the tart.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until crust is golden. Cool for 10-15 minutes & cut into quarter wedges.
9. Serve with chipotle sauce & a handful of fresh, undressed spring greens.
|Clean, crisp leeks|
|Ricotta + Pecorino Cheese filling|
|Ready to bake on a SILPAT instead of parchment|