Sunday—A Dose of Inspiration to Start the Year
15 Excellent Ways to Get Out of A Rut
I wanted to share this great end-of-the-year post from 99u by Behance, one of my favorite motivational blogs for jumpstarting productivity in the workplace. They have put together a list of their most popular posts from 2014.
Take a look & browse through the list. Something will connect with your current situation.
I like #2 on the list, 10 Creative Rituals You Should Steal, by Sean Blanda. I agree with every one of the suggestions except, Nap Every Day. I turn into a zombie if I sleep during the day. It's just not good for me, but there are people like my mom who fiercely protect their afternoon naps. From the 10 creative rituals, I like, Create An Interesting People Fund. The older I get, the more I practice the flip side of that notion which is to avoid people who are uninteresting.
And from the videos, I like Gretchen Rubin's, The 4 Ways to Successfully Adopt New Habits. She talks about rules and how different personalities respond to them. It is fascinating! I am a Questioner. I tend to get along with Rebels. Gretchen is best known for her bestseller, The Happiness Project.
Click HERE to go to the 99u website and access the entire list.
- 7 Habits of Incredibly Happy People by Gregory Ciotti
- 10 Creative Rituals You Should Steal by Sean Blanda
- Nobody Knows What the Hell They Are Doing by Oliver Burkeman
- The Stoic: 9 Principles to Help You Keep Calm in Choas by Paul Jun
- Yoga Hacks: How to Undo the Damage of a Desk Job by Jenn Godbout
- 7 Pieces of Wisdom That Will Change the Way You Work by Paul Jun
- You Can Have an Easy Life or an Awesome One—Choose Wisely by James Victore
- 11 Ways to Avoid Burnout by Sasha VanHoven
- Answering the Dreaded, "So, What Do You Do?" Question by Sarah Kathleen Peck
- 7 Things "Star Wars" Taught Me About Productivity by James Altucher
Go to the 99u blog to watch these interesting vids.
- Cal Newport: "Follow Your Passion" Is Bad Advice
- Allison Johnson: We Have Enough Companies Like Apple
- Gretchen Rubin: The 4 Ways to Successfully Adopt New Habits
- John Maeda: Fall in Love with Technology Through Great Design
- Robert Brunner: What All Great Design Companies Know
Have a Happy & Productive New Year!