Tuesday's Cupboard—Perky Turkey Soup
My best recipe for using leftover turkey
|A delicious way to finish off leftover Thanksgiving turkey!|
perky turkey soup
adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine, Nov/Dec 2012
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 chopped yellow or red onion
- 1 chopped large bell pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. harissa sauce
- 8 c. chicken broth (I use Knorr's double-cube chicken broth & make my own)
- chopped roasted turkey (as much as you want, 4-6 cups)
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 c. rinsed & chopped fresh cilantro
|Look for these pretty mini-bell peppers at the grocery store.|
They are not hot, and they add color to the soup pot.
- Heat oil in soup pot. Add onion & bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add cumin & harissa sauce; combine with veggies & cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, turkey, garbanzos & chopped cilantro.
- Bring to a boil & serve.