Tuesday's Cupboard—Sweet Potato Cheesy Soup
What to do with sweet potatoes?
sweet potato cheesy soup
serves 4 - 6
prep level: easy
equipment: hand emulsion blender
- 4 large sweet potatoes — cleaned, peeled & chopped into 2" chunks
- 1 large chopped sweet yellow onion (Wallawalla, Vidalia)
- olive oil
- 8 cups of freshly made vegetable broth (Knorr's)
- ground nutmeg
- 1 cube of Neufachâtel cream cheese
- crumbled goat cheese
|delightful fresh sweet potatoes|
- In a large soup pot, sauté onion in 1 T. olive oil until onions are tender (about 3 mins)
- Add chopped sweet potatoes & veggie broth
- Bring to a boil; reduce to low & cook until potatoes are soft (about 20-25 mins)
- Remove from heat; while still hot, blend with hand emulsion blender to combine potatoes & broth
- Add 1 cube of Neufachâtel cream cheese; blend until cheese is melted and soup is smooth & creamy
- Mix in 2 pinches of ground nutmeg
- Serve & top with crumbled goat cheese, sprinkles of paprika & freshly ground pepper.
Delicious as leftovers! Heat on the stovetop, stirring often to prevent scorching on the bottom of the pot; add veggie broth, if necessary, to thin.
|simmer in veggie broth until potatoes are tender|