Tuesday's Christmas 2015 Cupboard—Corn Pancakes & Smoked Salmon
Adapted from Cooking Light_August 2012
with smoked salmon
& meyer lemon-chive cream
|A delicious way to use Christmas Meyers!|
|available in packs of four at safeway|
- 1/4 c. light sour cream
- 2 T. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (2.25 ounces)
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1+1/4 c. fresh corn kernels (3 ears)
- 2/3 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 12 thin slices cold smoked salmon (6 oz.)
optional: ground cumin
|Add a little cumin on top for a hint of Tex-Mex|
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; chill cream mixture in fridge.
- Combine flour & next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, or a food processor.
- Combine 1 c. fresh corn kernels (leave 1/4 c. remaining), buttermilk, butter & eggs. Add to flour mixture & blend until coarsely mixed.
- Fold in remaining 1/4 c. corn kernels.
- Pour about 1/4 c. per pancake onto a hot nonstick skillet. Spread gently with the back of a spoon to flatten each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly & edges are lightly browned (about 3 mins); flip pancakes & cook for about 1 minute more.
- Arrange 2 pancakes per plate. Top each pancake with 1 slice of smoked salmon & 2 T. lemon-chive cream. Sprinkle on cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!