Sometimes, a chopped salad is just right for an easy Springtime supper! It's fast & super-easy with my substitutions.
- Save time by using your favorite non-fat bottled BBQ sauce
- The chicken can be cooked on a grill or oven-baked, like I did
- I added a yellow bell pepper
- I mixed the toms, red & yellow varieties
- Save prep time by using Safeway's pre-chopped green onions
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
|Fab crispy romaine!|
- 1.25 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large or 2 small romaine lettuce heads, cleaned & chopped
- 2 cups yellow &/or red grape tomatoes, halved (not whole)
- 2 medium sweet red & yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1-15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1-15.25 oz. can whole corn, drained
- 1/4 cup homemade ranch dressing made with Best Foods Lite mayo & nonfat milk
- 4 oz. container of crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (or one 3-oz. container of pre-chopped from Safeway)
- Cracked black pepper
|Awesome barbecued chicken!|
- Baste chicken with barbecue sauce & grill or bake until done; slice into bite-sized pieces
- In a large bowl, combine chopped romaine, tomatoes, peppers, beans, corn & ranch dressing. Toss to coat.
- Plate the salad & top with chopped BBQd chicken.
- Garnish with crumbled goat cheese & green onions.
- Finish with cracked black pepper
|2 small heads of romaine, pre-packed from Safeway|
|Tasty mixed red & yellow tomatoes|
|Easy canned corn, drained|
|Easy canned black beans, drained & rinsed|
|Garnish with crumbled goat cheese & chopped green onions|