Adapted from Weight Watchers Recipes Online, 2015_423 ratings of 4.5 stars (out of 5 stars)
Blackened Mahi Mahi with
Radish & Cucumber
- Olive-oil PAM
- 1-1/2 lbs. defrosted mahi mahi boneless, skinless filets (also good with tilapia or albacore tuna)
- 3 T. blackening spice rub
- 5 medium red radishes, cleaned, sliced in half & chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 of a Japanese cucumber, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 medium red & 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 3 medium green onions (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 T. cilantro, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Italian herb mix
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with PAM.
- Coat fish with blackening spice rub & sauté on medium heat until fish flakes with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Serve fish alongside salad on the plate.
- Slice each radish in half, then slice each half into 1/2" moon-shaped pieces. Cut up all other veggies into 1/2" pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped radishes, cucumber, bell peppers, green onions & fresh cilantro.
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt & freshly ground pepper. Whisk in 1/2 tsp. Italian herb mix to season the vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings to taste.
A perfect Springtime supper!
|Yellow & red bell peppers, avos, green onions, radishes,|
cucumber & fresh cilantro tossed in a simple lime vinaigrette
|I use Safeway's frozen fish filets (albacore, tilapia or mahi mahi)|