A perfect casual supper for long summer days!
Prep: 12 minutes + Cook: 12 minutes
|Serve with a fresh green salad tossed with avocado & blue cheese crumbles|
Whole Wheat Spaghetti Carbonara
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 slices very lean bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp. chopped jarred garlic in water (or 1 clove, chopped)
- 1/2 c. egg substitute (or 1 lg. whole egg, beaten + 1 egg white, beaten )
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions
- Meanwhile, heat large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add bacon & garlic.
- Cook stirring frequently until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti & add to skillet. Toss to combine & remove from heat.
- Immediately add eggs & grated Parmesan.
- Season with kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper.
|Hempler's applewood smoked bacon is available at Whole Foods|
|"E" (for Esapana)_Orrin Swift Spanish Red|