Summery Chicken Salad
|Adapted from Weight Watcher's Magazine July /August 2015|
The Fruits of Summer
- 1 pkg. chopped (bite-size) cantaloupe (about 1 cup)
- 1.25 pkg. boneless, skinless chicken breast—chopped into bite-size pieces & baked in the oven, cooled or cold
- 1 c. chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 1 small, cleaned, minced jalepeño pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thinly-sliced mint
- Kikkoman Ponzu citrus lime dressing OR rice vinegar
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Nori Komi Furikake Rice Seasoning (or red finishing salt)
|Salt + seaweed + sesame seeds + a touch of sugar|
- Toss chopped cantaloupe, cooked chicken, chopped cucumber, chopped red onion, minced jalepeño pepper & fresh mint.
- Drizzle with Ponzu or rice vinegar (about 1/4 c.), olive oil & cracked black pepper. Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens.
- Sprinkle with Nori Komi Furikake seasoning before serving. This gives it a nice finish!