Tuesday's Cupboard—Asian Noodle Salad
Celebrate the Chinese New Year on February 8 with this fantastic salad! Noodles symbolize longevity, cilantro symbolizes compassion.
asian noodle salad
adapted from weight watchers magazine_jan/febr 2016
serves 4 or more
serving size = 1/2 cup of noodles
|Start off the new year with this fresh veggie salad|
• cooked linguini or spaghetti, cooled
(I use a 12 oz. box of Barilla white fiber spaghetti)
• seasoned rice vinegar + sesame oil,
or your favorite Asian salad dressing
• 10 oz. bag of shredded carrots
• 1 Japanese cucumber, sliced
• 1 red + 1 orange + 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
• 2 oz. bag of ready-to-serve fresh cilantro, chopped
• handful of dry-roasted peanuts for garnish
Mix noodles & veggies together in a bowl.
Toss with rice vinegar + a dash of sesame oil, or use your favorite Asian salad dressing. I like Newman's Own Low-Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
Plate it, then sprinkle on a few dry-roasted peanuts. Top with cracked black pepper or red pepper flakes.
|crisp & fresh cilantro, carrots & cucumber|
|red bell, orange bell, yellow bell & cilantro|