Tuesday's Cupboard—Whole Grain Spaghetti & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Heirloom cherry tomatoes and high fiber white spaghetti make this dish extra healthy and extra rich
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light, August 2012
Spaghetti with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
|Heirloom cherry tomatoes available at Safeway in large packs|
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil (I use rosemary-infused olive oil)
- 2 pints multicolored cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 4 tsp. jarred, chopped garlic in H20
- 1 T. dried basil leaves
- cracked black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1_13.25 oz. box Barilla white fiber spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Combine olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, dried basil & cracked pepper. Toss to coat.
- Evenly distribute tomatoes on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake tomatoes at 450°F for 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are lightly browned & begin to burst.
- Meanwhile, add a dash of kosher salt and a splash of olive oil to a large pot of water. Cook the spaghetti per package instructions. Drain & place drained spaghetti back into the pasta pot.
- Add roasted tomatoes to spaghetti & toss to combine. Season with kosher salt & cracked pepper to taste.
- Top with shaved Parmesan & serve.