Tuesday's Cupboard—Chicken, Black Bean & Goat Cheese Wrap
Spicy and super-easy for Cinco de Mayo!
Chicken, Black Bean & Goat Cheese Wrap
Adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine_May/June 2016
|Spicy roasted chicken over tomatillo-cilantro salsa, goat cheese & spinach|
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Equipment: Cookie sheet or pizza pan covered with nonstick foil or a SILPAT
Preheat oven to 400°F
- 3 tsp. smoked or regular paprika
- 3 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Olive oil PAM spray
- 1.25 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or breast cut into 1/2" slices)
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 c. fresh tomatillo salsa (from the refrigerated case)
- 1 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large (12-inch) wheat, spinach or sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 2 c. baby spinch
- 6 T. crumbled low-fat goat cheese
- 1 c. shredded red cabbage
- 2 avocados (not too soft, sliceable)
- Combine paprika, cumin, salt & pepper in a medium mixing bowl
- Toss chicken slices in spice mixture until well coated
- Spray with olive oil PAM until chicken is lightly coated with oil
- Remove chicken from the mixing bowl & place in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Roast in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through; remove & set aside
- Pop the tortillas wrapped in nonstick foil into the oven and let them warm up while the chicken is roasting (about 10 mins); remove & set aside
- Meanwhile, combine beans + 1/2 c. salsa + fresh cilantro in a small bowl
|Crunchy, thinly-sliced red cabbage is the secret-ingredient that makes this wrap extra tasty|
- Place one tortilla on the work surface
- Place 2/3 c. spinach to the side of the center
- Top with 2 T. crumbled goat cheese, then 1/3 c. bean mixture, a third of the chicken strips & 1/3 c. shredded red cabbage.
- Fold short sides over filling, then roll jelly-roll style to enclose the filling.
- Repeat with remaining 2 tortillas.
- Cut crosswise in half & drizzle remaining salsa over the top.
- Serve with fresh, sliced avocado
|Serve with a side of fresh avocado|