Tuesday's Cupboard—Fluffy Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes
My favorite pancake recipe!
Fluffy Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes
Adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine May/June 2016
|...with maple syrup & bacon crumbles|
Equipment: large nonstick skillet or griddle
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, yolks & whites separated
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 2-3 T. lemon zest (zest of 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- bacon crumbles for topping
- butter for topping
- maple syrup
- Butter PAM spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest & ricotta until all lumps are gone.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture & hand mix until combined.
- Gently fold in egg whites until incorporated, but not beaten down.
- Spray griddle or pan with butter-flavor PAM.
- Ladle 1/4 c. batter per pancake into the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Remove to plates; sprinkle on bacon crumbles; finish with rich maple syrup
• make • great • food •