Tuesday's Cupboard—Cauliflower Crust Pizza
...with feta, portabella mushrooms, peppers & olives
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
with feta portabella mushrooms
peppers & olives
makes 2 - 8" pizzas
|An explosion of flavors!|
Adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine_March/April 2016
- large cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment to prevent sticking
- food processor
- 2 cups cauliflower crumbles, processed until tiny (the size of quinoa or rice)
- generous 1/2 cup shredded cheddar & jack
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg-beaters or 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. minced, dried garlic
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- olive oil PAM
|Use your food processor to grind these down to a granular consistency|
- 2 chopped portabella mushrooms
- One half of each: 1 red + 1 yellow + 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- pre-cooked, pre-crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1/3 c. sliced black olives
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- a dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
|Best of Summer fresh veggies|
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick Silpat or parchment. Spray the Silpat or parchment lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower crumbles in a food processor & process to a granular consistency.
- Spoon into a large mixing bowl; add remaining crust ingredients & stir to combine.
- Spoon even portions of crust mixture onto the baking sheet & shape into two crusts. Smooth with a spoon to form an even layer of thickness, about 1/2-inch. Smooth up any scraggly edges. (Unlike traditional pizza dough, this dough is not sticky, and it is easy to work with!)
- Bake until medium brown, about 20 minutes.
- Use a pancake turner to carefully flip each crust. Bake until evenly browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Add mushrooms, sliced peppers, green onions, bacon (optional), black olives & feta cheese. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to a heat-proof cutting board & slice each pizza into 4 pieces.
|I used half of this amount for 2 pizzas (3 bells, cut in half)|
Each pizza gets 1/4 of each color