Tuesday's Cupboard—Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea
Inspired by Martha Stewart online
Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea
Original recipe from "Emeril at the Grill"
by Emeril Lagasse
Brewed ice tea maker
2 quart-size canning jars
2 bags of ice
|For summer evenings on the porch|
- 6 bags of Stash orange-spice tea
- 2 cups Safeway Signature Orange-Peach-Mango refrigerated juice
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 4 shots Bacardi 151 golden rum
- sugar to taste
- fresh mint sprigs
- cinnamon sticks
- sliced oranges & lemons
|Orange spiced black tea|
- Brew a pitcher of iced tea using the 6 tea bags of Stash orange-spice tea.
- Fill 2 quart-size jars half full of ice.
- Fill each jar half full of ice tea.
- Add 1/2 cup of fruit juice to each drink + a splash of lemon juice (about 1/8 cup).
- Add 2 shots of rum to each drink.
- Top off with fruit juice & tea.
- Taste for sweetness. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar, if desired.
- Add sliced oranges & lemons. Stuff a sprig of fresh mint into each drink.
- Swirl with a cinnamon stick & serve with a straw.
|There is no substitute for freshly brewed ice tea!|
Also great as a non-alcoholic summer drink!
• long • summer • days •