Tuesday's Cupboard—Chicken Tumeric
Summer Reruns! An oldie, but a goodie. One of our favorite suppers.
serves 4 to 5 hungry people
|Great as leftovers!|
10"x 10" x 2" square casserole dish
Large ziploc plastic bag
Large nonstick skillet for browning chicken
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- kosher salt & cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c. olive or canola oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- 1 large onion (halved, then sliced)
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- Combine flour & herb seasoning in the plastic bag.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Brown the chicken in olive oil or canola oil until med brown. Add a little salt & pepper as the chicken browns.
- Spray the casserole dish with olive oil PAM
- Add 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice + 1 tsp. tumeric + sliced onions + a dash of kosher salt & cracked black pepper to the casserole.
- Pour 2-1/2 cups of boiling water into the casserole & stir to combine rice, onions & seasonings.
- Place browned chicken on top of rice.
- Bake covered for 60 minutes on 350°F
Remove from oven & serve with a nice green salad.