Making Mornings Easier
|Kauai sunrise_photo by dsmp|
1. Turn up the heat.
It's easier to get up when the house is warm & toasty. Use your programmable thermostat to crank it up for 1 to 2 hours in the morning.
Nest Learning Thermostat (3d Gen) $249
- Set the coffee pot.
- Set auto lights to come on (low-watt LED lamps &/or strands of miniature white lights in the bedroom & living area).
- Set music or nature sounds to come on.
- Make lunches the night before.
- Organize work materials the night before.
- In sight-in mind. Don't hunt for anything in the morning. Create a staging area for everything you need to take to work in the morning. Have it all in one place.
4. Reward Yourself
- Stock new breakfast foods.
- Make your bathroom a welcoming place (replace your shower head; fancy soap).
- Extra time to surf the web.
- Extra time to read.
- Take a morning walk.
- Start a fun morning work-out.
Waterpik hand-held shower head from Amazon Prime $22.27
5. Wind Down at Night
- Light exercise during the day.
- No alcohol at night.
- Have a lovely cup of herbal tea.
- Refuse to attend night meetings.
- No computer /tablets after dinner.
- Less TV, more reading time.
- Remove phones from the bedroom.
- Sleep in clean sheets.
- Take a bath before bedtime.
Twinings Herbal teas I like Camomile, Honey & Vanilla and Lemon & Ginger (both available at Safeway).
6. Reduce Daytime Stress
- Get to the root of what's causing stress during the day (job, relationship, money, etc.) & do something about it. Don't just talk about it.
- Walk or exercise every day.
• enjoy • the • morning •