Ayocote Bean Salad
prep 20 minutes
- I used fresh corn kernals cut off of the cob instead of frozen. It would also be good with leftover grilled corn (the original recipe calls for grilled corn kernals).
- Instead of ancho chili powder, use regular chili powder (mild) to calm down the heat.
- two 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 cobs of fresh corn kernals (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c. chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 fresh cut-up avocados (half an avo per serving)
- Combine all ingredients except avocados in a large bowl.
- Plate on a bed of fresh greens.
- Top each serving with chopped avos.
- Finish with freshly ground black pepper.
• fresh • healthy • food •