Cheesy Zucchini Tater Mounds
|Hot out of the oven!|
My add-ins: Parmesan cheese, jack cheese, cracked black pepper & paprika
This is a tricky recipe. The mixture is very sticky, so you need to use a reliable non-stick baking surface. Parchment paper or a Silpat will work.
Preheat oven to 425°
Prep time: 45 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded jack cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- olive oil
- SILPAT or parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- large mixing bowl
- hand grater
- pot for boiling potatoes
|Ready for the oven!|
- Wash & peel potatoes.
- Boil potatoes for 20-30 minutes until tender, but not squishy; drain & rinse in cold water; let cool.
- Wash & grate zucchinis on the large side of the grater
- Squeeze excess liquid from zucchinis with paper towels & toss into a large mixing bowl.
- When potatoes are cool, grate them on the large side of the grater. Toss them into the mixing bowl with the zucchinis.
- Add salt, pepper, Parmesan & jack cheese.
- Mix until combined.
- Using your hands, roll cylinders to form tater tot shapes (about 1 tablespoon per tot). Leave an inch between each cylinder on the cookie sheet. They will spread a little as they bake.
- Brush tops with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, more pepper & paprika.
- Bake for 40 minutes on 425°F. Watch to make sure that they don't burn. They will be crispy on the outside & browned on the tops.
- Serve with ketchup or chipotle sauce. Delicious!
• bon • appétit •