Spaghetti & Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
|Photo by dsmp|
Prep time: 40 minutes
Preheat oven to 450°F
Equipment: Silpat sheet liner + cookie sheet
Makes 4 medium servings
✰ Great as leftovers
- 2 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes OR 1 pint red grape cherry toms + 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 tsp. chopped garlic in water or 4 fresh cloves, chopped
- 1 pkg. Barilla white fiber thin spaghetti
- 3-4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
roast the tomatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes & garlic. Add 2 T. of olive oil + 2 tsp. kosher salt + 1 tsp. cracked black pepper.
- Pour the tomatoes out onto a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.
- Pop the tomatoes into the oven & roast for 35 minutes.
cook the pasta
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the spaghetti until al dente, about 10 minutes. (Follow the package directions.) Add a little olive oil & salt to the water to prevent sticking & enhance the flavor.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of the liquid in the pasta before returning it to the cooking pot.
- When the tomatoes are lightly browned & beginning to burst, remove them from the oven.
- Carefully slide them from the cookie sheet straight into the pasta pot. Use a flat spatula to keep the tomatoes from sliding off of the pan. Pour any remaining juice into the pot.
- Add 1/2 tsp. kosher salt & more ground pepper; toss to coat.
- Top each serving with generous helpings of shredded Parmesan & chopped fresh basil.