Inspired by an original recipe by Weight Watchers Online 2015
Middle Eastern Bean Dip
|Easy lima bean dip|
prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. lemon zest (the zest from 1 lemon)
- 3 T. lemon juice (the juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 15-oz. cans lima beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic in water (jarred) or 2 fresh cloves, chopped
- 1/2 c. freshly chopped oregano
- 1/2 c. freshly chopped Italian flat parsley
|Fresh lemon zest & ground cumin add delectable Middle Eastern|
flavors to this dip. Add a little bottled lemon juice if the dip is too thick.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. If you use a hand blender (like I do), hand mash the ingredients first to soften the mixture.
- Add lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff.
- Top with paprika & freshly ground black pepper.
|I love this recipe with flavorful lima beans!|
- In a pita or a sandwich thin with sliced fresh cucumbers & fresh greens
- On toasted English muffins topped with sliced Roma tomatoes & cracked black pepper
- With any crunchy cracker or toasted baguette rounds
• spark • joy • in the • kitchen •