|Boxing light-heavyweight podium 1960 Olympics|
L. to R. Giulio Saraudi (Italy) Bronze medal_Anthony Madigan (Australia) Bronze medal
Cassius Clay (US) Gold medal_Abigniew Pietzykowski (Poland) Silver medal
Public Doman photo_Poland, originally published in 1960
What I Learned from Ali
- Some things are worth fighting for.
- It's okay to be proud.
- Live your authentic self.
- Be confident.
- Stand up to bullies.
- Just because you're young doesn't mean you can't defend yourself.
- Hold onto your beliefs, even when the world is against you.
- Accept loss & come back to fight another day.
- When your ass hits the canvas, get up and keep fighting.
- People are not always going to like what you say, so don't be afraid to say what you think.
- You can lose a fight, but remain a champion.
- Don't be afraid to face a powerful opponent.
- Don't lose your cool.
- Humor is a strength.
- Be ready to sacrifice everything for a cause that you believe in.
- Refusing to fight is not cowardice.
- Fight by the rules.
- If you're in the ring with someone who wants to hurt you, stay strong, be fast, and think on your feet.
- Don't be afraid to fight alone.
- Don't be afraid to fight, even when you don't know if you can win.
- Fighting is messy and brutal. But, sometimes that is the only way to deal with someone who wants to fight.
• float • like a • butterfly • champ •