Inspired by Martha
Meyer Lemon Bars
|Use freshly squeezed lemon juice, not bottled|
Find Martha's recipe on her website
WARNING: This is an involved recipe. Plan on lots of pans and a couple of refrigeration breaks. Watch the video!
- Be sure to spray or butter the inside of the baking pan (under the parchment lining), as recommended in the recipe. The crust is super sticky.
- I used Martha's double-sided parchment (foil on one side, parchment on the other) with the paper side against the crust. I have regular parchment, but the foil made it easier to wrap over the edges of the baking pan.
- The alligator clips are extremely useful for baking. I removed the clips before I refrigerated the bars overnight (before cutting).
- I used 1 + 1/4 c. of liquid eggs (equal to 5 eggs), plus one extra-large egg yolk in the custard with no noticeable difference in the consistency or taste.
- Re: bubbles in the custard. You don't need a torch. I had one bubble & a toothpick was sufficient.
|The crust is like a fresh shortbread cookie! So GOOD|
• love • celebration • desserts •