Inspired by Weight Watcher's Online
|Yellow & green heirlooms|
Pesto, Ricotta & Tomato Tortilla Pizza
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 c. shredded Italian cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 container of refrigerated reduced-fat pesto sauce
- fresh cracked black pepper
|green & yellow heirlooms from Costco|
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Arrange 2 tortillas on a Silpat covered baking sheet (or a large cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray)
- Spread each with 2 heaping tablespoons of pesto.
- Top with small dollops of ricotta cheese (1/2 cup per pizza)
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese to each pizza
- Sprinkle on grated Parmesan
- Cover each pizza with sliced tomatoes arranged in an even layer
- Top with cracked black pepper
- Bake until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese is melted, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven & slide each pizza onto a durable cutting surface. Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, carefully slice into quarters. Plate & serve.
|red heirloom toms fresh out of the oven|